By GOKE OLUWOLE–Thepodiumeditor.com.
OBOLI THE UNCELEBRATED ACHIEVER IN GOVT.[PART-1]
QUESTION : WHO IS THAT UNSEEN HAND & MIRACLE WORKER BEHIND MANY GOVT. PROJECTS ?.
ANSWER  :PDP GUBER ASPIRANT, ENGR.OMONIYI OGUNWA OBOLI,FCA IS THAT UNSEEN HAND & UNCELEBRATED SILENT ACHIEVER.
One thing that stands ENGR.OBOLI,FCA out among the legion of government appointees in Ondo State is his trade mark of being the last man standing who proffers solutions to critical issues for the government.
Unlike other political appointees who swam around the Government House just to be noticed by Mr.Governor or other important dignitaries, you only see or notice OBOLI around the Government House or Offices when there are critical issues, challenges to solve or just breezing in to report to the governor another achievement or breakthrough.
OBOLI is not a noise maker and this had made him a media-passer-by-personality but as a team player, he is a man guided by the principle of ‘if there is better, good is not enough and if there is best then better is never enough’ and the ethics of team player and team success.
His is un-parallel political and professional contributions wherein some of the salient factors that really helped to stabilize the government in areas of Project Monitoring, Project Redesigning, Supervision of Engineering, Environmetal and even Financial Re-Engineering were possible.
And without any media razzmatazz, Engr. Oboli, FCA has remained the unsung hero behind the successful, timely, prompt and costless delivery of many government intervention projects through his multi-disciplined technical know-how.
It is on record that OBOLI was the only Senior Special Assistant[SSA] to the Governor of Ondo State that was singled out for special swearing in and it was on record also that during that ceremony, Governor.Olusegun Mimiko while eulogizing Oboli said even if Oboli was not an Ondo State indigene he will still appoint him as his SSA.
WHY ? That was one rhetorical question on the lips of everybody present then who were looking with amazement but same question was immediately answered by, Dr.Olusegun Mimiko himself when he said his preference for OBOLI above any other person is because of his multi-disciplinary attainment as he is one man that will do four persons job.
Looking back today at the positive contributions and input through his multiple professional skills to government,most top government functionaries can boldly attest to the fact that it is never a mistake for Gov.Mimiko to have appointed him.
For offering himself to serve and because of OBOLI’s Capabilities and Competence, the masses are already rejoicing as they know he will deliver in office if voted as the next executive governor of Ondo State.
HERE ARE SOME SPECIAL PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN BY ODSG THAT HAS ENGR.OBOLI,FCA SIGNATURE AND DISPLAYING HIS PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE IN:
 ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT.
• Redesign, evaluation and supervision of the construction of the Ondo State Semi — Mechanize Abattoir.(2013 to 2015)
Establishment of Ondo State Free Trade Zone.
• Project Monitoring of the whole 18 LGA of Ondo State (2014)
• Project Monitoring of OSOPADEC Projects in Ondo State (2012 to 2014)
• Review of the design and evaluation of BEME of rehabilitation of Igbokoda — Ugbonla Road (2014)
• Review of the design and evaluation of BEME of Mega Schools (SUBEB) Ondo State (2012 – 2014)
• Review of the design and evaluation of BEME of proposed Local government township roads, 2Km per Local
ODSG/SURE – P PROJECTS (2014)
• Technical Committee member for the establishment of the Ondo State Free Trade Zone Project (2014—date)
• Project Monitoring of Min. of Education Projects in Ondo State (2012 to 2013)
• Special Duties and Assignments as Directed by the Governor (2012 to 2014)
• Business Management of Okitipupa Oil Palm Plc as the MD. (2012 to date)
• Final Engineering Design for Rehabilitation of Ore – Okitipupa Road (World Bank project, 1995).
• Final Engineering Design for Rehabilitation of Mokwa — Kainji road (World Bank project, 1993).
• Preliminary Engineering Design for Erosion Control Works along Ondo State Coastline (FMWH 1990).
• Preliminary Engineering Design for Erosion Control Works along Ondo State Coastline (FMWH 1993).
• Final Engineering Design for Rehabilitation of Ore – Okitipupa Road (World Bank Project, 1995).
• Rehabilitation of Buildings (PTF/NPF HO; PTF Project, 1997).
• Project Superviso4y Consultancy works for rehabilitation of Lagos Urban Roads within 9 Local government areas of Lagos State (LAMATN World Bank, 2004).
• Project Supervisory Consultancy works for rehabilitation of Lagos Urban Roads within 5 Local government areas of Lagos State (LAMATA/ World Bank, 2006).
• Project Supervisory Consultancy works for rehabilitation of Lagos Urban Roads within Victoria Island area of Lagos State (LAMATA/ World Bank, 2007).
• Project Supervisory Consultancy works for rehabilitation of Lagos Urban Roads within Victoria Island area of Lagos State (LAMATA/ World Bank, 2010).
• Lagos Metropolitan BRT Network System Design (LAMATA/ WorId Bank, 2004).
• Project Supervisory Consultancy Works for Roads with the South Senatorial District of Ondo State (ODSG MWT 2004— 2006).
• Project Supervisory Consultancy works for rehabilitation of Urban & Rural Roads (Various Confidential Clients).
 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING AND CONSULTANCY SERVICES RENDERED BY OBOLI
• Computerization of Accounting System (Environmental Management Services Limited, Lagos. 1999)
• Computerization of Accounting System (CMB Building and Investment Limited, Lagos. 2002).
• Computerization of Accounting System (DMT Mobile Toilets Ltd.Lagos: 2005).
• Computerization of Accounting System (RA.Oseni Consulting Services, Lagos.1999)
• Computerization of Accounting System to various Clients. 1999 to date)
 TAX PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
• Tax Management Agency, Lagos State Government, 2004 to date.
• Tax Management Consultants, Environmental Management Services Limited, Lagos: 1999 to date.
• Tax Management Consultants, CMB Building Maintenance and Investment Limited, Lagos; 2003 to date
• Tax Management Consultants, Fabac Medical Center Limited, Lagos: 1999 to date
• Tax Management Consultants, Various Clients.
 EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT LECTURING
• Part Time Lecturer: Yaba College of Technology, Lagos: 1995 to date.
• Lecturer: ICAN Resource Person in Advanced Taxation: 2003 to date.
• Part Time Lecturer: FUTA, Akure, July 01,2015 to date.
• Assessor: ICAN, 1996 to date.
• Invigilator: ICAN, 1996 to date.
• Examiner: ICAN, 2003 to date.
•Lecturer: Various ICAN Schools, Lagos.
 ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT & CONTROL
•Preliminary EIA for the exploration of Bitumen deposits in Ondo State (Confidential Client,2005).
•Preliminary EIA for the location of Deep Sea Port at Araromi / Aiyetoro Ondo State (Confidential Client,2006).
• EIA of Final Engineering Works: Various roads mentioned under section 6.01 above).