Abducted Chibok Girls : Ibrahim Sabo C’tte submits report to Jonathan………says 219girls still missing, 4escaped girls won’t talk.

NEWS
President Goodluck Jonathan.
President Goodluck Jonathan.

By Tunde OLowu.
The Brig General Ibrahim Sabo( rtd) led Committee set up by President Goodluck Jonathan to look into the issue of the abducted Chibok school girls in Borno State by the terrorists Boko Haram group on Friday submitted its report at the Aso villa in Abuja.

Submitting the report, the Committee Chairman,Ibrahim Sabo told the President that after five weeks of interactions in FCT,Abuja, visit to Borno, Chibok town and discussions with persons considered relevant to the realization of fact finding mandate of the Committee, it was discovered that 219 students were still unaccounted for.

He stated that all efforts to get the four girls who escaped from the Boko Haram group to speak proved futile because of trauma and fears which has since then to date gripped them including their parents and guardians.

“Our Committee found out that they don’t want to discuss their experience for fear of possible reprisal attack from the Boko Haram and they have even continued to hide themselves from public glare”he said.

Responding shortly after receiving the report, President Goodluck Jonathan reassured Nigerians and parents of the Chibok girls that the government would do everything possible to rescue the girls from their abductors.

President Jonathan said the federal government intends to rebuild the Chibok school while strategies will also be put in place to ensure that all schools in the country are made safe.

He announced that a victims support fund would soon be established by the government to assist all the people who were affected by the insurgency.

President Jonathan called on all Nigerians to collectively join hands with the government to fight what he termed “the dragon called Boko Haram.

Facebook Comments

G+ Comments

Disqus Comments

NewsAnew